24 March 2013

Minnie Mouse Party

 24th March 2013
Willow's First Birthday

 

 Willow's first birthday had come around so quickly.  I knew we needed to do something special and very pink for her after having three boys.  We starting planning a few months ago and today had such a magical day with family and friends.

Invitation 



Decorations

I brought a large scene setter, blow up characters, lots of balloons and some little banners.  Found some Disney toys in amongst the boys toys and decorated the house for Willow 









Food 

Party food for me is always a bit of a challenge.  This time the pink food colouring came in handy, cake pops were a bit harder than I thought and the 3D biscuits were a nightmare but in the end the table looked very inviting for all the guests :)  A plain pink table cloth, cute Minnie Mouse serviettes and my favourite.. our home made plates shaped like Minnie Mouse.





Table setting

(I noticed after taking some photos the empty plate on the table.  It finally had cheerios in it)










Birthday Cake

This was a pink sponge cake with a little edible icing I brought.



 




Party Games

We played four games, Stick the Jewels on Minnie Mouse (Similar to Pin the Tail on the Donkey), Mickey Mouse Treasure Hunt, Pass the Parcel and had a Piñata  that the kids and I made and decorated.















Some sounds (Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Soundtrack) played for Willow and Friends by my son wearing half the broken Piñata on his head :)


Prizes and Loot Bags for the Party

Mickey Mouse Watch & Nail Art Stickers



Bouncy Ball & Bucket & Spade Set



 Loot Bags full of Disney Stickers, lollies and lots of party toys, Sipper Cups & Puzzles for the guests to take home 




Thank You to everyone...Willow's first birthday was truly a magical event!








7 comments:

  1. Where did you get the serving dishes? Especially the PARTY trays. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just found them on AMAZON!!!!

      Delete
  2. Oh my these are all adorable! I was confused between Minnie and Hello Kitty but both are fine for a little girls party since they are pinkish. But seeing your helpful Minnie Mouse party ideas , I think I'm gonna suggest this to my friends!
    I will be exploring more maybe I could add them to my own compilation. thank you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment, this was my first little girls party, we had so much fun making sure there was plenty of PINK :)

      Delete
  3. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing abilities has inspired me to start my own BlogEngine blog now. Really the blogging is spreading its wings rapidly. Your write up is a fine example of it.
    orgasm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice Blog , If you want to buy Toys for your kid best Toy Shops USA Online at arcade-adventures.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Any drinks look better in glass or crystal, especially with ice, don't forger to use ice machine from https://icemakershub.com/best-portable-ice-maker-reviews/. Collect unusual bottles - you can always pour wine and water in them.

    ReplyDelete