19 October 2015

Bethany & Brad's Baby Shower

17 Otober 2015
Bethany & Brad's Baby Shower

I am a super excited Aunty to be again and very privilaged to be asked to run the games at
Bethany & Brad's baby shower.  Brad is my baby brother :)

Bethany is due to give birth at the end of November 2015.

The baby's sex is a big surprise so everything need to be unisex.  
This is the Invitation I came up with for their Baby Shower.


 Invitation



Games

I haven't been to a baby shower in years so was a little unsure where to start.  Luckily the internet is full of fabulous ideas.  I started by writting a plan for the afternoon and went from there.

As guests arrived for the baby shower Brad had drinks and food (BBQ) all sorted for lunch.  
After lunch and a quick tidy up games began.  

I introduced myself to all the guests and started by givng all guests a baby saftey pin and a plastic cup
 with a plastic baby inside an icecube.

Bethany was given a gorgeous white sash to wear with 'Mummy to Be' on it.
I thought it was a bit strange to have Brad at the shower as other showers I had been to only had woman.  
Brad is such a prankster and loves to dress up so I found the perfect costume for him to wear at the Baby Shower - An adult sized Diaper, Pin and Pacifier.  Lucky is is such a good sort, he proudly wore his Diaper all afternoon.






GAME 1

"My Waters Broke"
Everyone had a baby inside an icecube that they were given as they arrived for the baby shower.  The first 
person to have their ice cube completely melted and a baby floating and to yell out "My Waters have Broke" wins a prize.  This game continued on during the afternoon while other games were being played.

GAME 2

"Don't Say Baby"
As each guest was welcomed they were given a baby safety pin to wear on their shirt.  Everyone was told that they can't say 'BABY' for the duration of the baby shower.  If anyone hears someone say BABY then they can take their pin.  Person at the end of the baby shower with the most pins wins.



GAME 3

'Celebrity Baby Game
Every guest was given a form and a pen.  They had to match the celebrity couple with their child.  The person with the most corret anwers got a prize.



GAME 4

"Food Tasting"
I brought from the local supermarket five different cans of baby food.
 I took the labels off the baby food and added labels that were ABCD & E
Each guest used little sticks to taste test the baby food and write their answers on the forms.
Winner was the person with the most correct.

Flavours were
A - Apple & Peach
B - Vegetables with Chicken Noodes
C - Pumpkin & Sweetcorn
D - Custard with Banana
E - Vegetables, Lambs Fry and Bacon



GAME 5

"The Price is Right"
Each guest got a shopping list that I made with baby items brought from Countdown Supermarket.  They had to write the price of the baby item on the form.  The person who had the closest total wins.



GAME 6

"Baby Pictionary"
I divided the guests into two teams - Team Bethany & Team Brad.
They were given a white board each and had to draw Baby Related pictures and guests in their teams had to guess what the picture was.  Bethany's team won by two points winning the Giant Gold Baby Bottle.








GAME 7

"What's in the Bag"
I asked the guests questions about Bethany & Brad.  When the answer was correct Bethany & Brad got to choose a bag (10 bags labelled BABYSHOWER).
 In each bag was a baby item starting with the letter on the bag.
Bethany & Brad had to guess what the baby item was.  They got to keep all the baby items.
B - Booster Sea (used as a portable Highchair)
A - Animal Activity Mat
B - Booties (Welsh & All Blacks Rugby Booties)
Y - Yellow Duckie Bath Thermometer
- Singlets & Baby on Board Sign
- Hair Brush & Comb Set
O- Onesie
- Wet Wipes & Baby Wraps
- Ear thermometer
R - Rattles



The little booties I got knitted.
With it being World Cup Rugby year every baby needs some Rugby Boot Booties.
Bethany is from Wales and Brad is from New Zealand (a pair in each colour for the baby)


"Guess how many Jelly Beans in the Baby Bottle"

Last Game was just for the kids at the Baby Shower.
I had a bottle of Jelly Beans and the kids all got to guess how many jellybeans are in the baby bottle.
Closest guess won the bottle of Jelly Beans

Prizes
I found little bottles of jellybeans and silver baby keyrings to give out as prizes for the games.




At the end of the baby shower everyone was given a little paper stroller that I put together, filled with sweets as a thank you for coming .


A Few Photos 




Bethany & Brad's baby shower was a fun and enjoyable afternoon.  They were spoilt from family and friends and we all got to know one another a lot better.

Thank you Bethany & Brad for letting me be part of your special day and all the best for your new arrival xxx

1 comment:

  1. Hi Penny! I'm interested in the Star Wars bowling Invitation. Where did you get it from? Do you have that image? I'm having a Star Wars bowling party for my son and I just love that invitation. Thanks! Mari

    ReplyDelete